I got ambitious this past weekend and slapped together a new design for this site. Nothing too drastic, just a basic re-skinning with some layout tweaks.
I’m not going to write a book here to describe it, but I did incorporate some interesting new things that I will probably write about in future articles.
Here are the highlights:
- It’s responsive; my first real foray into this area
- A simpler look that keeps focus on the content as much as is practical
- The primary headings font is Gnuolane and I’m also using Open Sans Condensed from Google’s web fonts
- A mega-large footer, just like all the cool kids have
- Using HTML5 Reset’s WordPress Theme, which worked out really well
- For the first time ever, I didn’t even try viewing it in IE6, but it does seem to work pretty well in IE7 and IE8
And here are the problems with the design/code that I intend to work on:
- Way too many to list here, but (I hope) not too much that’s immediately apparent
I’d be happy to hear if anyone notices any bugs.